Mentoring can be anything you want it to be.
Start by sending me a brief synopsis or blurb of your book along with an idea of who your target audience is and where in a bookshop you think it would be found when it’s published (yes, when it’s published not if it’s published!) – you can do this via my Contact Page.
I work primarily with writers of contemporary women’s fiction and romance, but I have been known to stray over the lines so if you have a story that you want to be read then get in touch!
From there you decide if you’d like to work with me.
Some clients just need one session and they’re on their way. Others need a few sessions. Whichever you choose each session will include a weekly encouragement email from me to see if I can help further after your initial mentoring.
What sort of things can we work on?
- Getting the book finished.
- Polishing the first 10,000 words to start sending out to agents and publishers.
- The dreaded synopsis!
- The messy middle – how to get from A to B.
- Getting started – lots of clients have great ideas all planned out bu struggle to get going with that blank page in front of them.
- Your author brand.
- Writing with chronic illness.
I have Fibromyalgia/ME/CFS and chronic migraine and I’m currently writing my sixth novel. No, I didn’t think I had it in me either. But I learned some tricks along the way about how to manage your energy levels and time and get the book finished and I’d love to share them with you if you think we’d be a good fit.